Have you ever felt like your goals are so far away?
Does it seem like the vision of who you want to be is far away?
Believe it or not…this way of thinking will ultimately hurt you…and today we will talk about THE RIGHT MINDSET to have to win in ANY area of life!
Let’s define what I mean by this ‘flawed mindset’. I’m talking about the mindset that you are striving to achieve something that you currently don’t have or be someone that you are currently not.
I used to think this way. I thought I was so far removed from who I was and what I wanted to achieve.
Therefore it was a struggle to…
- Be a better father
- Be a better husband
- Be in great shape
- Be closer to God
- Be successful in my career as a doctor
- Be a great speaker
- Be fulfilled
I saw myself as a failure or underachiever in those areas because the way I had currently viewed myself was so different than how I wanted to be. Therefore, everyday was a consistent reminder of WHO I WASN’T.
The reality is this…
How you see yourself, is how you’ll be yourself!!
Basically, this means that in order for you to become the person you want to be…you MUST FIRST IDENTIFY YOURSELF AS THAT PERSON! You have to BE IT, before you BECOME IT!
Here is the difference between (1)‘striving to be something you currently are not’ versus (2)‘being the person you want to become’:
- In (1) you are trying to be something I’m currently not
- In (2) it’s understanding that you currently ARE THE PERSON YOU WANT TO BECOME, but just not expressing it yet.
Here are a couple of analogies to help you understand the concept:
- Within a slab of stone is a future sculptured masterpiece. It lives beneath and within the stone, but eventually gets expressed with time and work.
- Just because a caterpillar doesn’t have wings, doesn’t mean it’s not a future beautiful butterfly that flies. It’s simply a matter of time and transformation.
- A tadpole has no legs and looks like a fish but is undoubtedly a future frog that can leap ridiculous lengths relative to its size. It’s just a matter of time and transformation
- I had to believe I was a doctor before I was a doctor. Therefore, it was simply a matter of time, work, faith, and transformation to eventually express what I believed I was.
You must first understand this sequence:
- BELIEFS (aka. How you identify yourself) lead to -> THOUGHTS that lead to -> FEELINGS that lead to -> ACTIONS that lead to -> OUTCOMES/RESULTS
Belief comes before Results!!!
Here’s what is awesome…
YOU WERE DESIGNED, BY GOD, TO BE EXTRAORDINARY!!
YOU WERE DESIGNED, BY GOD, TO BE A BEAST!!
YOU WERE DESIGNED, BY GOD, TO BE MORE THAN A CONQUEROR!!
YOU WERE DESIGNED, BY GOD, TO BE A WINNER!!
Here’s the problem:
- We’ve forgotten our identity!
- We were…YOU WERE created in God’s image and are fearfully and wonderfully made!
- We’ve forgotten that Christ is in us…is IN YOU!
- We can…YOU CAN do all things through Christ who strengthens you! (Phil 4:13)
- We have conformed to the way the world sees us instead of the way God sees us
- We are like Eagles amongst chickens. We were meant to fly and sour but have been convinced that we can’t fly and are restricted to the ground. Once you realize and accept who you REALLY are and what you are capable of, your potential will be realized!
Here is the goal we should all seek…
Attempt to see yourself as God sees you!!
Once you build this habit…you express the ELITE MAN that you have been made to be! However, this requires relationship with God. Prioritize relationship with God above all else…and experience life like NO ONE ELSE!!
Book a 1:1 discovery call with me at https://drbradmd.com
Talk to you soon,
P.S. Do you want more consistency in your faith, work, and life? Learn how to create an unstoppable morning routine that will create more consistency in your faith, more productivity in your day, and more fulfillment in your life. Enroll now to learn the ELITE Power Hour Morning Routine at elitepowerhour.com